Thursday, August 29, 2013

Life is Frail

Lately the frailty of life has been on my mind. Country Music is usually the instigator for me to get on the phone and remind Dave of how much I love him. It also makes me want to get home a little faster everyday to River. He is rolling over now and altogether very squirrelly. The days when I would rock him to sleep are now few. The days of spitting food, pulling off his socks, and screaming out of delight are now here. All this reminds me to count my blessings everyday. Yesterday I remembered an old song by Joy Williams "Every Moment". While its easy for me to cherish my family, I have to work at being grateful in other areas of life in which I'm a constant complainer. Altogether I know that I don't deserve the immense blessings the Lord has drowned me in.
Wrestling Those Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment